Steps for Converting Evoq to DNN Platform
- Review your current site(s) to determine which Evoq-specific modules/extensions are in use. You will not be able to use these modules on DNN. Other modules or customizations will need to be evaluated for compatibility.
- During a production site content freeze, create a new back-up of the Evoq site's file system and database.
- Create a local "off-line" site from that back-up.
- Perform the Evoq removal process (this is extensive and requires a deep understanding of DNN).
- Upgrade the new Evoq-free site to the latest version of DNN platform. *Module/Extension compatibility may restrict what version the site can be upgraded to.
- Upgrade any modules that may be out of date.
- QA (review) the website, site logs, extensions, web.config and database for DNN performance and security best practices.
- Fix any issues, document the fix and re-test.
- Upon a clear QA, restore the site onto your production hosting environment.
- Again, all teams should do a QA to ensure a successful deployment.
- Fix any remaining issues if any.
As DNN experts, Engage has performed this conversion for many clients and we can do the same for you. Pricing may vary depending on the simplicity and/or complexity of your site configuration and module deployment. Please use the form below to contact us for a FREE evaluation.
The most important piece to keep in mind is that DNN requires the Evoq license renewal to be in place 60 days before your license actually expires. Therefore, diligent planning is needed to ensure a successful transition before the expiration. It is recommendated that you allow yourself at least 120 days to begin implementing your migration.