#1 Know Your Audience
As an association you will find that you have different types of audiences, such as members, sponsors and supporters. And, each of these audiences has different reasons for engaging with your association and different communication preferences. This is why it is essential to clearly define the types of audiences you are targeting in order to provide the appropriate services and offerings.
If you are still struggling to understand your full target audience, ask yourself a few questions, including:
• What are you trying to accomplish with the website?
• Who needs to visit the website in order for you to achieve these goals?
• What do these visitors care about?
• How much prior knowledge do they have about your association?
• What will they see as the reason for visiting your website?
Next: Define a Clear Purpose for Your Website