CHADD (Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) is the nation’s leading non-profit organization for providing education, advocacy, and support to individuals with ADHD and their families. CHADD has over 16,000 members in 200 local chapters throughout the U.S.
CHADD approached Engage with a question about our DNN training programs, but after a long and thoughtful conversation wound up with a long-term development partner. CHADD needed to relaunch their aging website, which had become too cumbersome and dated for its members to use effectively.
Highlights of CHADD's initial goals:
- Modernize the design; Create a clean, new look.
- Offer well-organized navigation; and improve usability (UX, UI). Keep the ADHD readership in mind.
- Keep the content fresh and timely (as information on ADHD evolves).
- Integrate a new association management system (AMS), Protech, into DNN.
- Encourage new membership and member involvement.
How Engage approached achieving those goals
Led by Engage Creative Director, Anthony Overkamp, the CHADD sprint team undertook a content strategy effort and together with CHADD identified a POV approach that organized key articles under two audience-centric silos: Adults with ADHD and Parents & Caregivers of Children with ADHD. We created two information funnels directing these audiences to the content most likely to suit their needs.
- Membership features and benefits are now front and center throughout the site, complete with promotional roadblocks to member-only articles. The user is exposed to membership promos until he or she logs in as a member and DNN permissions then remove promotional messaging.
- The new design features a soft, calming color palette that both aids in navigation (main navigation silos and their child/sub-pages are all color coded) and creates a screen that keeps the reader's focus on the content at hand.
- Under the guidance of Engage Lead Software Architect, Brian Dukes, we developed a custom solution that brought together three disparate components of the Protech AMS to power an overall resource search (which, in turn, is powered on the backend by CHADD's CRM tool). Google Analytics from the original site revealed a clear demand for this tool, and we're eager to track its adoption.
- Engage developed an online reporting solution to assist in keeping the site's content fresh. Article authors set a date for each article to expire, a report then notifies the site's editors which articles are set to expire in the near term, and the editors the opportunity to refresh or remove out-dated content.
Here is CHADD's old site:
And CHADD's new website which is now live at https://www.chadd.org.